I love this quilt so much! Tom and I were living in the San Francisco Bay Area in 1994 and he had bought a Bernina sewing machine for me. My simple Singer had died and I’d been barely conversant with those simple mechanics, so I was pretty intimidated by this fancy import.
Tom had to go on a business trip, and I fooled with the Bernina until I could do a few simple things. Mostly I was thrilled with satin stitching.
Since I love the scrap quilts best of all, I made these simple blocks for about 12 hours straight. I was obsessed enough to go on to a border made of one-inch squares and trim made of triangles. It ended up being 92" x 82" and containing a total of 3,500 pieces.
The back is my all time favorite fabric. It looks like graffiti on an old train and says ”Hip Hop How Ya Doin" and “You’re Unbelievable.” There is also a poem I wrote on the back that says:
No comments:
Post a Comment