Tuesday, February 10, 2026

I Scream, You Scream

When I worked for Bali Fabrications, an importer of batiks in the SF Bay area, I made this quilt from their batiks for their booth at a quilt show.  The quilting was done bySandy Klop.  Each cone has an antique red button for the cherry on top.  Anything to play with buttons and glitz! 

 The poem around the perimeter reads:

“Chocolate for breakfast, and Mocha Nut for lunch

Chocolate Chip for dinner, topped with Fudgie Ripple Crunch

Mud Pie cures the blues and then I’m such a loving wife

Eating ice cream levels out the Rocky Road of life”

I wrote the poem in fabric ink, which I wouldn't do again.  I think it will damage the fabric over time.  

What a luxury to use all the beautiful batiks.  




After the quilt show, Patchwork Quilts magazine featured the quilt in a piece they did about Ice Cream quilts.

 

Later, the Ice Cream Cone quilt was included in Georgia Bonesteel’s book “Quiltmaking Legacy.”




 


No comments:

Post a Comment